Tri Hawk TALON Classic - Short Shank Carbides
A crown cutting bur with an unmatched combination of cutting speed, strength and safety.
Only Tri Hawk's TALON crown-cutting burs have blades on top of the bur as well as on the side. This allows Talon burs to cut not just horizontally, but vertically as well, which means they cut faster than any crown-cutters you’ve ever seen.
Features & Benefits:
- A unique hyperbolic (hourglass) shape for even greater cutting speed.
- A single Talon bur can be used for crown prep as well as cutting and removal, rather than having to use 3 separate burs.
- Cuts as fast during the last 10 seconds of the procedure as during the first 10 seconds.
- Cut through both the porcelain and the metal, so there’s no need for more than one bur.
Curion is proud to be the only authorized and exclusive distributor of Tri Hawk products in Canada. All products are backed by the manufacturer's warranty.
Removing old crowns can be time consuming and difficult but not with the TALON bur. Now, you can remove 6 crowns in under two minutes, using only ONE bur. Effortlessly, cut through both porcelain and metal.
|Item No.||Talon 10SS||Talon 12SS|
|Head Diameter (mm)||1.0||1.2|
|Head Length (mm)||4.2||4.2|
|Overall Length (mm)||16.5||16.5|
The secret is to tilt the bur to a 30º angle, like a pencil tip, which allows you to cut tough materials - like a hot knife slides through butter.
TALON 12 - Cut 5 crowns In under 45 seconds.
TALON 10 - Endo access
Tri Hawk TALON Bur - Can it cut a Ginsu knife?
Tri Hawk TALON Bur - Can it cut bullet proof glass?
Tri Hawk TALON Bur - Can it carve a metal coin?
Frequently Asked Questions
- The TALON has a unique hourglass shape with an active cutting tip
- The TALON bur cuts both vertically and horizontally. The TALON has aggressive side blades for efficient vertical cutting
- The TALON is constructed from a high quality grade carbide and has proprietary blade geometry
- The TALON cuts effortlessly with feather-light pressure only
The design of the TALON is completely unique in the dental market. Instead of making the bur a straight cylinder with a round end, Tri Hawk added a sexy curve to the body of the bur, giving its unique hourglass shape. This curve increases the cutting speed and prevents the blades from clogging. Tri Hawk also uses a unique blend of Tungsten Carbide which allows us to make the blades sharper and last longer than any other bur.
Tri Hawk uses straight blades for the TALON whereas almost everybody else offers a crosscut bur (little saw-like teeth). Cross-cut burs dull faster because the little teeth of bur often break off reducing the amount of blade surface and throwing the bur out of balance.
Because of its unique design, the TALON bur can cut both vertically and horizontally.
- For cutting: metal, porcelain, PFM, and titanium.
- For cutting and removal of: old amalgam and composites
Only ONE. That is the beauty of a TALON.
No, the TALON is not indicated for cutting hard ceramics/materials like Lithium Disilicate and Zirconia.
The TALON, like all of Tri Hawk’s burs, is manufactured with a specially designed blend of Tungsten Carbide which increases the strength of the bur and allows for an almost perfect bond during their innovative welding process. The TALON has a carbon steel shank for unparalleled strength and flexibility.
All Tri Hawk burs have a unique, shank, head, blade designs so from start to finish you get a unique bur that is strong enough for any job.
- The TALON is available in a regular (standard) shank, short shank and surgical length.
- Regular/standard shank sizes: TALON 08 (0.08 mm), TALON 10 (1.0 mm), TALON 12 (1.2mm) , TALON 14 (1.4mm)
- Also available: TALON x10 Crosscut (1.0 mm) and TALON x12 Crosscut (1.2mm)
- Short shank sizes: TALON 10SS (1.0 mm), TALON 12SS (1.2 mm)
- Surgical shank sizes: TALON 10SU (1.0 mm), TALON 12SU (1.2 mm), TALON 14SU (1.4 mm)
- The TALON 10 and TALON 12 (standard/regular shank)
- The TALON 10 & 12 are most commonly used for cutting PFM's and bridges.
- The TALON 12 is most commonly used for gross removal of tough materials and both metal and non-metal endodontic posts.
- The TALON 10 can be used for endo access holes and conservative dentistry procedures.
We strongly recommend single patient use for all burs.
There are many reasons for this; drastically reduced amount of breakage, no lost staff time for the time-consuming sterilization process, elimination of cross contamination, AND YOU GET THE FASTEST, CLEANEST CUTTING BUR EVERY TIME.
In fact, after a single use and sterilization process (cleaning, ultrasonic solution, autoclave) a bur will lose 20-40% of its cutting efficiency and increases its chance of breaking – not just with our burs, but with ALL burs.
Tri Hawk’s goal is to make a truly unbreakable bur.
To achieve this, they take the ISO standards to another level. Tri Hawk burs are subjected to forces up to 5 times higher than specified by ISO, and they incorporate up to 10 quality control tests to make sure that the final packaged bur is the absolute best they can produce.
Tri Hawk burs have the lowest breakage rate in the industry.
Yes. Tri Hawk has hundreds of customer testimonials, ADA study 2006, Dental Advisor 2008 and Dental Product Shopper 2011, CRA December 2015
Every clinic and dentist will have their preference. Tri Hawk burs work very well with both air driven and electric hand pieces.
Through their extensive testing Tri Hawk has found that their burs are at their very best when used with an electric 1:5 red ring hand piece. The benefit of an electric hand piece is that it has higher torque which means they lose less speed on contact.
It is very important to note that with Tri Hawk burs the less pressure you apply, the better the bur performs.
LET THE BUR DO THE WORK FOR YOU!
It is best to follow the indications of your individual hand piece. More importantly, we recommend doing routine maintenance of both the handpiece, the compressor and the air lines. Remember that most manufacturers require a lubrication of the chuck and turbine before each use.
The short answer is that Tri Hawk burs cut faster and break much less often (on average: 2 in 10,000). Tri Hawk increased the surface area of their weld to maximize the bond strength between the head of the bur and the shank. This is especially effective for smaller burs such as the 330, 245 and 557.
Tri Hawk's competitors typically offer crosscut burs for crown and bridge removal. When the saw-teeth dull or break, the cutting ability drops dramatically. The TALON on the other hand, uses blades, which carve through the metal and porcelain at the same time. The secret is to tilt the bur to a 30º angle, like a pencil tip, which allows you to cut tough materials like a hot knife can slide through butter. If you normally use two burs, the TALON reduces your procedure to one step.
You are spending less money, and much less time!
Tri Hawk's manufacturing facility is in Morrisburg, ON Canada. Tri Hawk does not import their burs from other countries.
Not only is their labour highly skilled, but they are also highly trained with a focus on excellence and quality. For raw materials, they use only high-grade metal from Switzerland and the actual tooling of every bur is completed at their facility in Canada.