Duo-Link Universal resin cement is formulated to allow for quick and easy removal of excess cement. It is visible on radiographs and offers uncompromised strength and durability. Duo-Link Universal is dual-cure, has extremely high degree of conversion in light and self-cure modes and comes in two convenient shades – Universal and Milky White.
Restoration seating is a breeze with its low film thickness and easy clean-up.
Duo-Link Universal adhesive resin cement is specially formulated for cementation of ALL indirect restorations. It is intended for use with adhesives designed for compatibility with all dental materials, including all BISCO adhesives.
Duo-Link Universal is compatible with all dental materials, however when coupled with BISCO’s All-Bond Universal light-cured adhesive, Z-Prime Plus and Porcelain Primer is the ultimate product combination for all indirect restorations. The Duo-Link Universal Kit is a comprehensive, easy to use kit that will help simplify product selection and procedures in your office.
- Easily identified on radiographs for quick and effective diagnosis
- Ideal for all CAD/CAM restorations
- Low film thickness ensures the restoration is completely seated
- Available in two esthetic shades, Universal and Milky White
- Auto-mix dual-syringe guarantees a perfect mix, easy placement and limited waste
- Formulated to allow for quick and easy removal of excess cement
- Extremely high degree of conversion in both light- and self-cured modes ensures a strong, long lasting restoration
Duo-Link Universal Kit Info
The Duo-Link Universal Kit is an adhesive cementation system designed to effectively address the cementation of all your indirect restorations for optimal performance and esthetics.
Duo-Link Universal Cement Info
Duo-Link Universal adhesive resin cement is specially formulated for cementation of all indirect restorations and provides all of the desired properties for universal cementation: high radiopacity, high mechanical strength, high bond strength, low film thickness and easy clean-up.
How To Bond All-ceramic Crowns
Dr. Jack D. Griffin, Jr., uses Duo-Universal™ during the cementation of an indirect dental restoration.
Dental Product Shopper Evaluation
Dr. Chris Salierno, a contributing editor to Dental Product Shopper, discusses the Duo-Link Universal product evaluation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Duo-Link Universal is a dual-cured luting cement intended to be used with an adhesive system.
Duo-Link Universal is ideal for cementing all-ceramic/porcelain, zirconia, metal, and composite restorations (inlays, onlays, crowns, bridges), as well as fiber and metal posts.
- Extremely high degree of conversion in both light-cured and self-cured modes ensures maximum performance for any clinical situation.
- Ultrafine filler particles make Duo-Link Universal extremely resistant to wear and staining.
- High filler content of Duo-Link Universal increases strength.
- Low film thickness ensures the restoration can be completely seated.
- Auto-mix dual-syringe guarantees a perfect mix, and easy placement.
No. Duo-Link Universal may be stored at room temperature (20°C/68°F-25°C/77°F).
Minimum 2 min. (includes mixing)
Yes, however, BISCO recommends the use of a light-cured resin cement such as Choice™ 2 for veneer cementation. When placing thin veneers, it is preferable to use only light-activated resin cements. Light-only polymerized cements allow for longer working time, do not need to be mixed, have shorter finishing time, increased color stability, and longer shelf life.
Duo-Link Universal is intended for use with an adhesive. Some manufacturer's adhesives are too acidic to properly bond to self -& dual-cured resins. ALL BISCO manufactured adhesives are compatible with self- & dual-cured cements. If you are using an adhesive from a different manufacturer, please refer to their instructions for compatibility.
To aid in the removal of excess cement, tack cure the margins for 2-3 seconds and remove excess cement prior to final curing.
Yes. Silane should be used to prime the surface of glass ceramics. Z-Prime™ Prime should be used to prime the surface of metals, composites, and Zirconia.
In addition to proper marginal fit, the following should be taken into consideration:
- We recommend that you do not use iron-containing hemostatic liquids with translucent all-ceramic crowns. A grayish tint may develop underneath the translucent restoration a few weeks after cementation. Do not use ferrous liquids at the impression appointment or seating appointment.
- Hydrogen peroxide is a strong oxidizing agent that decomposes chemical initiating systems. Hydrogen peroxide is not easily removed from the tooth surface by a water spray. Typically, Amine and Peroxide are the two basic chemicals that make up a base and catalyst reaction in dental cements. The use of Hydrogen Peroxide should generally be avoided with all resin cements.
- Contamination from saliva and crevicular fluids can be a major cause of discoloration. Use of a rubber dam, when possible, should be considered.
Yes. The surface of the core build-up material should be roughened. Use alcohol to clean and dry, apply an adhesive according to manufacturer instructions.