Double Taper Light-Post Illusion® X-RO®
The Double Taper Light-Post Illusion X-RO has RTD's patented Illusion colour-change technology that eases size identification and post removal. The patented and exclusive X-RO fibers provide unparalleled flexural strength, radiopacity and light transmission.
Curion is proud to be the only authorized and exclusive distributor of the Double Taper Light-Post IIllusion® X-RO® posts in Canada. All RTD by Dentsply products sold by Curion are backed by the manufacturer's warranty.
Available in four color-coded sizes, the Double Taper Light-Post X-RO is designed to fit virtually any clinical situation. The intrinsic post colors match the drill markings and help the clinicians distinguish one size from another. With this Illusion Technology, the color disappears within seconds at body temperature, but the color can be reconstituted, if necessary for re-treatment.
Illusion X-RO posts correspond to the same drill sizes as the original Double Taper Light-Post system for the same reliable dimensional accuracy that you have come to expect.
- Flexural Strength: 1800 - 2000 MPa
- Interlaminate Shear Strength: 60-70 MPa
- Elastic Modulus: 15GPa - same as dentin
- Fatigue Resistance: >10 Millions Cycles Without Breaking
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- X-RO Fibers utilize a proprietary coupling agent that increases the bond between the fi ber and the epoxy matrix. Together they improve Flexural Strength by at least 200MPa over previous generations of RTD posts. The values given here are from the respective manufacturers
- Radiopacity of the X-RO is ~50% greater than previous generations of RTD Posts, to reach 340% of Aluminum equivalent. The radiopacity of the post itself varies from 360% (D.T. size 0.5) to 730% (D.T. size 3)
- Color-coding for easy identification - before or after placement. Posts match the drills
- With patented ILLUSION technology, intrinsic color-coding disappears when seated, re-appears on demand, if removal ever becomes necessary
- Translucency provides esthetics and expedites the dual-cure cementation procedure
- Corrosion-free and biocompatible. X-RO has passed cytotoxicity, and also intradermal reactivity, systemic toxicity, genotoxicity and hypersensitivity, in order to ensure complete biocompatibility and safety
- Atraumatically removable in minutes
Dentists, Denturists and Lab Technicians worldwide have tested RTD products and evaluated them clinically. Many have offered testimonial endorsements.
There are 20 clinical studies on RTD fiber posts, as well as clinical “How-To” articles and clinical case studies that have been submitted by RTD product users.
There are also over 200 in-vitro studies and review articles that include RTD fiber posts.