TheraBase® Self-Adhesive Base/Liner
A dual-cure, calcium and fluoride-releasing, self-adhesive base/liner.
Utilizing the THERA technology, TheraBase chemically bonds to tooth structure, and releases and recharges calcium and fluoride ions. TheraBase’s calcium release generates an alkaline PH which promotes pulp vitality. It is a dual-cured material that will polymerize even in deep restorations where light cannot reach.
Curion is the ONLY authorized distributor of BISCO products in Canada. This product is backed by the manufacturer's warranty.
TheraBase is stronger and more durable than other base materials, glass ionomers and resin-modified glass ionomers. Additionally, it is radiopaque allowing for easy identification on radiographs, providing a quick and effective diagnosis.
- Continuous release of calcium and fluoride ions*
- Self-adhesive, no bonding agents required
- High compressive strength, absorbs shock and stress from occlusal forces without fracturing
- Radiopaque, allows for identification on radiographs and effective diagnosis
- Auto-mix, dual syringe provides a consistent mix for immediate delivery with zero to minimal waste of material
- Dual-cured material that will cure even in deep restorations where light cannot reach
- Generates an alkaline pH (pH=11) in minutes, which promotes pulp vitality**
- Contains the adhesion promoting monomer MDP, ensuring reliable and optimal bond to dentin***
TheraBase Product Info
Frequently Asked Questions
TheraBase is a dual-cured, calcium and fluoride-releasing material indicated for base restorations. TheraCal LC may also be used as a base but needs to be placed in 1 mm increments and light-cured between layers. TheraBase and TheraCal LC both utilize THERA technology, a hydrophilic resin matrix that facilitates calcium release. TheraBase and TheraCal LC are both radiopaque and generate an alkaline pH.
Yes. TheraBase is not intended to replace TheraCal LC. TheraBase is a material to be used as a base/liner under restorations while TheraCal LC is indicated for direct and indirect pulp capping and as a liner. They may both be used together
Bases are typically a thicker placement of material. TheraBase is dual-cured ensuring that your restorations will polymerize even in deep restorations where light cannot reach.
Bonding is not required before the placement of TheraBase. TheraBase is a self-adhesive material and the benefits of the calcium and fluoride release are hindered if a bonding agent is placed between TheraBase and the dentin.
Approximately 27-29 base applications.
Store TheraBase at room temperature (68°-77° F; 20°-25° C).
TheraBase continuously releases both fluoride and calcium*, but GI’s and RMGI’s release only fluoride. TheraBase is offered in an auto-mix dual syringe providing consistent mix and immediate delivery. GI’s and RMGI’s, typically require manual mixing, trituration, or a special dispenser. TheraBase has higher flexural & compressive strength than most GI’s and RMGI’s, making it more durable and less prone to fractures.
Working Time: Minimum 1 minute (includes mixing) at 22°C (71.6°F).
Setting Time: Maximum 5 minutes at 37°C (98.6°F).