DECISION TREE KIT - Area Specific (Sharpen-free)
Effective sharpen-free essentials to comfortably and safely access the whole mouth while maximizing procedural efficiency.
AREA SPECIFIC KIT
Set of 4 instruments designed for regular re-care appointments. Perfect for clinicians who prefer using Gracey finishing curettes – be pleasantly surprised by the unique efficiency of the Syntette (Dual Gracey) and Syntette Anterior (Anterior Dual Gracey). The double -sided cutting edges of the Syntette incorporates the Gracey 11/12 on one side, and the Gracey 13/14 on the other side of each tip’s rounded toe. Transition from mesial to distal and tooth to tooth without flipping ends or changing instruments.
Curion is the ONLY authorized distributor of LM Dental Instruments in Canada. This product is backed by the manufacturer's warranty.
LM-SHARP DIAMOND - Sharpen-Free Perio
Effective essentials to comfortably and safely access the whole mouth while maximizing procedural efficiency.
With LM’s winning combination of advanced SharpDiamond sharpen-free tips and the industry’s most highly-rated ergonomic handles, expect the best. Cleaning appointments have never been more easy or pleasant for patients and clinicians alike.
Decision Tree Kits are designed by Kathleen Bokrossy, RDH, president of RDHU. These kits offer LM's most efficiently effective options based on identified stages of periodontal health, for safe whole-mouth calculus removal while enabling the highest standards of ergonomic health.
- H6/H7 Sickle Scaler: Sharpen-free. Sickle scaler with small contra-angle for the removal of calculus above the gumline on proximal surfaces of incisors and pre-molars.
- 204S Sickle Scaler: Sharpen-free. Sickle scaler for the removal of supragingival calculus on posterior interproximals.
- Anterior Syntette: Sharpen-free. Combines the dual-edged tip efficiency of a universal curette with the complex shank angles and area-specific tip placement capabilities of the Gracey 1/2 and Gracey 7/8 curettes in one instrument. The dual-edged tip means that distal and mesial surfaces of the same interdental space can be treated with the same instrument head - without the need to flip or switch instruments. Simply tilt the instrument one way or the other to activate the cutting edge. This instrument is specifically designed for the removal of supra and subgingival calculus and for both concave and convex surfaces. Suitable for both vertical and horizontal techniques.
- Syntette: Sharpen-free. Combines the dual-edged tip efficiency of a universal curette with the complex shank angles and area-specific tip placement capabilities of the Gracey 11/12 and Gracey 13/14 curettes in one instrument. The dual-edged tip means that distal and mesial surfaces of the same interdental space can be treated with the same instrument head - without the need to flip or switch instruments. Simply tilt the instrument one way or the other to activate the cutting edge. This instrument is specifically designed for the removal of supra and subgingival calculus and for both concave and convex surfaces. Suitable for both vertical and horizontal techniques.
- Servo5E Cassette: Made of durable, high-quality resin, this cassette is equipped with safety shields to protect instrument tips as well as prevent prick injuries during the cleaning cycle. The patented design of LM-Servo E safety shield lamels guides the washing fluid through the cassette for proper cleaning of the instrument tips. In addition, the structure supports free rotation of the instruments providing complete cleaning and rinsing. The cassette's open and close mechanism is simple and easy to use.
- 100% sharpen-free means effective calculus removal without the need to sharpen
- No more worrying about altered blade tips or angles
- Effortless, worry-free scaling
- Highest-rated ergonomic handle minimizes hand fatigue and potential musculoskeletal disorders
- Full control and improved tactile sensitivity
- Savings of time & money
- Improved productivity & clinical results
NEVER SHARPEN AGAIN. EVER.
The dark tips of SharpDiamond instruments look different because they are different. A diamond-like micromembrane enhances the already superior wear-resistance of LM's proprietary alloy base to produce completely 100% sharpen-free scalers and curettes.
In the final phase of precision-honing, LM’s ultra-modern PVD coating process follows the exact geometric planes of the instrument to ensure flawlessly sharp tips and the longest-wearing edges unmatched by anything else in the field.
Hardness contributes to the durability of the instrument. LM Sharp Diamond™ reach hardness of over 63 on Rockwell scale.
Reference studies: * (1) Sormunen E., Nevala N: Evaluation of ergonomics and usability of dental scaling instruments; Dental scaling simulation and Field study, part III. Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, LM-Instruments Oy. (2) Nevala N, Sormunen E, Remes J, Suomalainen K: Ergonomic and productivity evaluation of scaling instruments in dentistry. The Ergonomics Open Journal 2013; 6, 6-12. ** Leppäniemi J. et all: The influence of PVD coatings on the wear performance of steel dental currettes. Key Engineering Materials Vol. 674 (2016), 289-295.
Because SharpDiamond instrument tips maintain factory edges and remain sharp for the duration of its lifespan, in addition to never sharpening, clinicians can stop worrying about all the issues related to sharpening, once and for all.
And with unparalleled wear-resistant edges that effortlessly shave off every last bit of calculus, less force is needed when scaling. The result is easier, more comfortable scaling for both the clinician and patient without compromising clinical results.
THE PINNACLE IN HANDLE EVOLUTION
At LM, ergonomics and innovation have been the guiding principles of design since the 1980's. The ErgoSense handle is a culmination of intense research and product development in close cooperation with dental clinicians and professionals. Feel the difference in your grip both while working and at the end of your day.
Lightweight and thicker contoured, ErgoSense handles are ergonomically designed to offer the most comfortable grip and exceptional control even in wet environments.
To ensure optimal rigidity and tactile feedback, LM’s proprietary metal core runs through from tip to tip. The durable elasticity of medical-grade silicone with colour-coded "at-a-glance" identification, has been tested to remain unchanged through 2,000 autoclave cycles.
Streamlining Instrumentation View article... The Value of an Optimally Sharp Instrument View article...
NEED HELP WITH INSTRUMENT SELECTION?
Click on the icon below to see RDHU's set instrument selections based on identified stages of periodontal health:
Safety of LM Sharp Diamond™ Instruments & When to Replace